The Commission encourages participants to come forward and report any information about the mistreatment of racing animals or wrongdoing within the industry.
What information should be reported?
We ask that you report:
- the abuse or neglect of racing animals, including threats to the life of any animal involved in racing
- the doping of racing animals with performance enhancing or illegal substances
- licensed participants using performance enhancing or illegal substances
- any breaches of the greyhound, harness or thoroughbred rules of racing.
How do I report information?
Please report any information to Report Something:
- Online: qric.qld.gov.au/reportsomething
- Via email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1300 119 291
Why is it important to report information?
Information received through Report Something helps the Commission respond to the mistreatment of racing animals or wrongdoing within the industry. Your report might be the piece of the puzzle that we need to help us to safeguard the welfare of animals involved in racing or ensure the integrity of persons involved in animal racing.
What happens after reporting to Report Something?
All reports to Report Something are reviewed and then prioritised by our Report Something team prior to being assigned to one of our operational teams for action. If your report relates to a matter that is the responsibility of the Queensland Police, Bio-Security Queensland or the RSPCA, we will ensure the information is referred to them.
What about criminal activity?
Known or suspected criminal activity in the industry should also be reported to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or directly to PoliceLink on 131 444.