While most greyhound trainers and handlers are diligent about adhering to the race day Dress Code, there have been some instances of trainers and handlers not meeting the standard required.
As a reminder, trainers and handlers are required to comply with Racing Queensland’s Dress Code when participating in greyhound race meetings at Queensland TAB tracks.
Trainers and handlers must wear:
- a white collared business or polo shirt with a Greyhound Club or racing logo on the left chest.
- Black trouser/ business pants with optional black belt or black skirt
- Black dress shorts are permitted at racing meetings where the first race is scheduled before 2pm.
- Black enclosed shoes with plain black or white socks
- Black or white hat of caps (optional)
Participants are reminded that no singlets, running/athletics shorts, board shorts, jeans, leggings, tracksuit pants, beanies, bucket hats, high heels, thongs or sandals are permitted at race days.
Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards encourage participants to become familiar with the Dress Code available on Racing Queensland’s website.
If a greyhound trainer or handler fails to comply with these standards, disciplinary action may be taken by QRIC Stewards.